Monday, December 6, 2010
Assignment #8
It is always interesting to look at the way the world and television shows portray the Christian faith. The "Grill Chesus" Glee episode was very interesting for the part I saw. I was only able to see the second half, so I probably did not pick up on as much as I could of. I noticed that at points some quotes would be right on but then shortly after it would be contradicted or would be changed into something a little off. One of the quotes that I thought was really good was when the little lady playing chess said that God doesnt mess up and I agree with that but then you dont really feel that this is all taken to complete honesty. So to answer your question I do agree with some of the points but many of them were a little off. The grilled cheese thing for me as a Christian was kind of eye opening about the bizarre places that people find their faith and it gave me a reminder of the things people encounter and think in life and how they handle them and how I could better help them. One final point that I was noticed as a Christian watching it was that it seemed like Kurt was turned off to Christianity because of the way Christians treated him because he was gay. I dont agree that being gay is right in any way but I think that being gay is a sin that they struggle with just like any other sin that people struggle with, and i think that if they come to get help we should help them break away from their sin. So, I think that I would have noticed more if I had been an avid Glee watcher or if I had seen the whole show, but there were a few things about the way they portrayed Christianity and also things this secular show showed me about things we do as Christians that may need to change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good job Morgan!!!! I really like your blog. And the quote you used, about God not making mistakes is my favorite quote!!! I know you may not like Glee but I do think you really understood what was going on (which just goes to show how insanley intelligent you are). Anyway, great job!!! I always enjoy reading your blogs.
ReplyDeleteDear Mental Support,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job! For being kind of mental, you did fabulous! I really enjoy your quote that Sue's sister said! If God made mistakes, we would be in sooooooooooooo much trouble! I love your colors and background!
<3 Mental
you got it right morgan! I agree with every point that you made. Christians really DO need to treat people that are different from us (gay) with love and respect. Thats the way to set the example for Christ. Good good job with yo blog.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Job! I love how you shared your opinion in a nice manner and anyone could read it and not be offeneded! I agree with everything you wrote and loved the way you wrote it!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Work